Monday, March 8, 2010

Beautiful Day

Today is one of those days that I absolutely love. It's about 64 degrees and sunny. If you're from New England, you know what a wonderful thing that is in early March!

We had good friends over this morning and we played outside for two hours with them. We blew bubbles, played in dirt, swung on the swings...and I hung my laundry on the line for the first time this season.

Oh, how I've missed that this winter! I only started doing it last summer and it was entirely new to me then. I was trying to reduce our electricity bill, but it turned into so much more. It's almost like a form of meditation for me.

To stand with the sun on my back and the birds chirping all around me, to feel the breeze on my skin and to know that what I'm doing is good for the environment makes me feel incredibly at peace.

My other contribution to the environment this week is that I'm now using the Enviro Friendly Laundry Ball. I bought it on ReusableBags.com to replace laundry detergent. I've been using it for a week and really love it. I also love knowing I'm not contributing to the pollution of our water every time I do a wash.

It's hard to believe a plastic ball full of mineral pellets can get your laundry clean, but it truly does!

By the way, I found that laundry image at this cool website: Eco Bites - Your Daily Portion of Tips for Sustainable Living. I can't wait to read more of it.

And also by the way: Reusable Bags is changing their name to Reuseit.com. Click on the photo of the laundry ball to be taken to the product page.

I hope you enjoyed your Monday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment